Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I meant to do my work today~poetry entry#3

This poem relates to me a lot. I have some sort of procrastination problem where I leave a lot of my work to the last minute. Most of the time I finish my work at school, but if I don't it sadly is forgotten till the last possible minute. Distractions like the "brown bird [that] sang in the apple-tree" and " the butterfly [that] flitted across the field" grab my attention quite often which leads me off task. Math is the one class where that happens the most. I either find something to talk about to my friend next to me or I look outside at the sunny afternoon and talk to my friend about being out there instead of inside. I do get my work done, but not as quickly as I hope I would. Have you ever had one of those days where you just drift off into another world when you look out the window. You would do anything just to be outside to enjoy every bit of it, but instead you are trapped inside a dungeon called school. Hey, don't get me wrong, school has been a huge part of my life that has brought me to where I am today, but that bird and butterfly look so much nicer that a text book. I meant to do my work today, but the outside got the best of me once more.****Poetry Paragraph****


****More of Alex's Imput on the poem****

I find this the funniest thing. Even as I am doing this assignment I caught myself looking out at this beautiful morning wishing to be out there instead of being in front of a computer. The green grass and the "leaves are calling me."
I am going to go outside now because I can't hold on any further. As Richard leGallienne would say "what could I do but laugh and go."


++Connection will be given to you in class++

1 comment:

Mrs. Corman said...

I can relate to having work to do (marking) but wanting to be outside in the sunshine. Perhaps gardening or taking a walk. This is especially hard on the weekend.

Mark: twelve out of fifteen